New MyCTAP Flyer!
CTAP is distributing the new MyCTAP flyer to spread the word and dessiminate information about the New CTAP Web Portal.
Please feel free to download this PDF file, copy and distribute to the teachers and staff members at your school site.
There are lots of free resources on the MyCTAP website including free online professional development workshops. Please help us spread the word by downloading and passing on the MyCTAP flyer to teachers at your school.
Last Updated (Thursday, 17 December 2009 13:39)
See the new Reviews of EdTech Research now available under the Administrators & Data tab.
- Improving Mathematics Performance Using Laptop Technology: The Importance of Professional Development for Success (2009) (David L. Singernail & Pamela J. Buffington)
- What Students Think About Technology and Academic Engagement in School: Implications for Middle Grades Teaching and Learning
- The New Digital Advance Team—America’s K–12 Students Leading the Way to Transforming Learning with 21st Century Technology Tools (Project Tomorrow)
- Digitally Inclined: Teacher Use of Digital Media (Grunwald Associates LLC)
- Technology in Schools: What the Research Says: A 2009 Update
- Fostering Learning in the Networked World: The Cyberlearning Opportunity and Challenge
Last Updated (Tuesday, 02 February 2010 09:32)
Title of Study: Digitally Inclined
Author(s): Grunwald Associates LLC
The annual PBS survey of K-12 teachers also included pre-K teachers for the first time this year. This study documents teachers’ use of digital media in the classroom, their attitudes toward teaching with digital media and their participation in virtual professional communities through social networking sites.
Last Updated (Wednesday, 13 January 2010 09:55)
Title of Study: What Students Think About Technology and Academic Engagement in School: Implications for Middle Grades Teaching and Learning
Authors: John Lee and Hiller Spires
This report of a study of 4,000 North Carolina students’ uses of, and attitudes about technology yields recommendations for strategic integration of technology with curricula to build 21st century appropriate teaching and learning to engage students and facilitate student creativity and achievement. The report features student preferences for technologies and digital applications they use outside of school.
Last Updated (Thursday, 21 January 2010 12:43)
The following 10 Internet resources for educators were recently reviewed in an article in Leadership Magazine.
These Web-based tools can help you connect to learning resources, network with your peers and enhance productivity.
Twitter – A site that aggregates messages of no more than 140 characters onto a user created Web page. other users can follow those updates.
Facebook – An online social networking site that allows users to connect with friends, join groups, and share resources with user-created networks with a variety of different permission levels for private or public posting.
Last Updated (Monday, 11 January 2010 11:34)
What is the CyberTipline?
Launched in March of 1998, the CyberTipline offers a means of reporting incidents of child sexual exploitation including:
Last Updated (Thursday, 21 January 2010 12:45)
- FBI-SOS Safe Online Surfing News
- New Assessment tool Aims to Improve Students’ Awareness of School AUP’s
- CTAP Podcasts: The EdTech Classroom – Sept 2009
- Orchestrate Learning with Laptops. iPods, and Online
- Making Math Interactive
- CTAP Podcasts: The EdTech Classroom – June 2009
- Blogging in the Classroom
- CTAP Live Online Workshops