Leading Edge Certification is a fully online course in pedagogy and tools for online teaching. The course is designed around iNACOL’s National Standards for Quality Online Teaching, fulfilling the needs of individual educators to move their curriculum online while creating a meaningful, engaging environment. Content includes building community, moderating discussions, supporting diverse learners, and implementing frequent formative assessments.
Leading Edge is an internationally recognized certification program, created collaboratively by many stakeholder groups and managed by an alliance of these groups. The Leading Edge Alliance, a group of nonprofits, universities and governmental bodies, have developed a certification program for K-12 teachers.
Upon the successful completion of Leading Edge Certification, you will be able to:
- Plan, design and incorporate strategies to encourage active learning, interaction, participation and collaboration in the online environment. (iNACOL C)
- Provide online leadership in a manner that promotes student success through regular feedback, prompt response and clear expectations. (iNACOL D)
- Model, guide and encourage legal, ethical, safe and healthy behavior related to technology use. (iNACOL E)
- Participate in an online learning experience as a student to become familiar with the student perspective. (iNACOL F)
- Create course materials and student samples that reflect principles of universal design in order to be responsive to students with special needs in the online classroom (iNACOL G)
- Demonstrate competencies in creating and implementing valid assessments in online learning environments. (iNACOL H)
- Develop and deliver assessments, projects, and assignments that meet standards-based learning goals and assesses learning progress by measuring student achievement of learning goals. (iNACOL I)
- Demonstrate effective strategies that enable both teacher and students to complete self-assessments. (iNACOL K)
- Collaborate with colleagues [through the use of web-based technologies]. (iNACOL L)
- Arrange media and content to help learners transfer knowledge most effectively in the online environment. (iNACOL M)
For more details about Leading Edge Certification contact your regional CTAP office.
Last Updated (Thursday, 29 March 2012 14:29)