Student Misbehavior in YouTube
Tips for Identifying the source of offensive YouTube Videos [Handout]
Some tips for working with offensive school videos:
- Easiest way to remove an offensive video - get the student to do it.
- Identify the owner of an offensive YouTube video by following these clues:
- click on the photo icon and it will open up a link to the person's account
- click on the sender for more info
- click on "about this video" for more info
- read the text comments from viewers. Often students will mention someone by name or will give the name of their school. Sometimes, you will recognize names of other student viewers.
- look at "related videos" for more clues
Examples of YouTube Channels Used for Educational Purposes
- YouTube has struck deals with major universities, creating dedicated channels from which schools can distribute their media content, including UC Berkeley, USC and Northwestern. Not surprisingly UC Berkeley, always at the digital forefront, has taken the lead and launched an ambitious channel with over 300 hours of videotaped courses and events.
- National Geographic has over 465 videos on YouTube
- Edutopia (George Lucas Foundation) has a channel with project based learning and other video topics.
Last Updated (Wednesday, 15 December 2010 14:25)