Online Graphing Calculators & Graphing Activities:
- Web Graphing – http://www.webgraphing.com
- Cool Math CG – http://www.coolmath.com/graphit/
- Function Grapher – http://people.hofstra.edu/staff/steven_r_costenoble/Graf/Graf.html
- Algebra Help – http://www.algebrahelp.com/calculators/function/graphing/
- Math.com – http://www.math.com/students/graphing.html
- Geocities – http://www.geocities.com/ojjk/calculator.html
- Grapher (National Library of Virtual Manipulatives) –
- GraphCalc – http://www.graphcalc.com/ (This is a downloadable, stand-alone application for Windows & Linux only).
- Grapher for the MAC – With OS X, the Macintoch bundles a built-in graphing calculator. You can find it in the Utilities folder of the Applications folder. Grapher helps you learn about math by quickly graphing equations and then letting you analyze them. You can customize the appearance of those graphs and then export them to movies that you can share with others.
- TI Product Tutorials – Get started using your TI products with interactive tutorials–calculations, scientific notation, graphing examples, and more using on-screen models from the product line. http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/sectionHome/tutorials.html
Resources and Activities
- Shaping Middle Grades Mathematics: Activities for Geoboard and the TI-73 – Students are given a variety of tools and methods in which to solve problems through the 12 activities in this book. The focus is on understanding and application, not formulas http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/nonProductSingle/activitybook_73_geoboard.html
- Discovering Mathematics with the TI-73: Activities for Grades 7 and 8 – This 12 activity book allows students to actively explore the “why” of a topic and motivates them to probe deeper into specific concepts of math. The explorations spark student curiosity and help them understand how to use technology appropriately. http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/nonProductSingle/activitybook_73_discovering.html
- Activities for Algebra I with the TI-73 – This collection of 14 activities provides middle and high school Algebra 1 students with a set of data collection activities that integrate math and science and promote mathematical understanding. http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/nonProductSingle/activitybook_73_algebra1.html
- EXPLORATIONS Activity Books for Algebra – various books for Algebra Explorations.
- Graphing Caculator Activites from the Center for Technology and Teacher Education. http://teacherlink.org/content/math/activities/calculators.html
- Graphing Calculator Textbook Alignment – This document shows where the use of the graphing calculator is mentioned in the two previous state-adopted middle school math textbooks of McDougal-Littell and Prentice Hall.
- TI73 Teacher Guide – This PDF guide consists of 12 activities designed to be teacher-directed. They are intended to help develop concepts while integrating the TI-73 as a teaching tool. http://education.ti.com/educationportal/activityexchange/download_file.jsp?cid=US&fileurl=Math%2FAlgebra%2F5461%2FTeacher+Guide.pdf
- Study Card stacks -download prepared flash cards on many topics from the resource section below onto their graphing calculator.
- Study Card Creator (for PC only) Program:The StudyCards App allows teachers and students to create electronic flash cards to use as a study tool for quiz or test review. http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/productDetail/us_study_cards_73.html
- The TI-73 Explorer Tutor is a FREE multimedia tutorial, created to teach aspiring users how to master their TI-73 Explorer graphing calculators independently. It includes 12 full examples in 5 different topic areas. Users learn how to make calculations, manipulate fractions, and graph functions with this “life-size” 3D interactive calculator. The TI-73 Explorer Tutor can be modified to satisfy most learning styles. Available for Windows® and Macintosh® platforms
- TI Connect software is a universal application that is compatible with many calculators for the transfer of data or programs from the computer to the handheld.
- TI-73 programs you can download to your TI graphing calculator, similar to software programs you download to a computer. The TI-73 Explorer has 8 App spaces.
Last Updated (Thursday, 20 May 2010 11:47)